Herb Abrams

Molly, Thanks for everything... -Rocky --- Molly O'Hanlon wrote: > Hi Rocky, > You are welcome to publish anything I write to you. > I'm sure Herb would enjoy it too. How much do you > know about him? I was his girlfriend during those > couple of years I meantioned and lived with him for > that last year before he left California. I knew he > was on the road to total distruction then. He owed > everybody and their mother money. But I, and anybody > who was still his friend, couldn't do anything to > help and that was sad. It was this thing with the > coke. He didn't do it that much, not like a common > addict. But when he did it, he went into a > completely paranoic state, unlike anything you can > imagine. He was convinced he was being watched by > "the Feds" and he would literally distroy anything > and everything around him in his attempt to find the > "bugging devices". All the while, he would run water > to "cover-up the sound" of anything he might say. He > was self-sabataging too, destoying his own > possessions and personal papers and stuff. In that > drugged state, the same as described by that author > you quoted, he was insane. Eventually, the drugs > would wear off and he'd feel extreme remorse, but he > would pick himself up and go about his business. Oh > yeah, he would usaully have to pay for the damage, > or end up in jail, or both. I never knew for sure > what drove him to do what he did. At first, I > figured he just couldn't say no, but I sometimes > think he was trying to kill himself. I also think he > struggled with a guilty conscious for much of his > life, because when Herb got ahead it was usually at > somebody's expense. Herb was a master manipulator, > and I say that without malice, in fact, I believe he > was brilliant, but he couldn't channel his > intellegence in the right direction. He always went > for the sucker punch. And yet, he gave a lot of > money the various charities and Jewish organizations > to atone for himself. > Hey Rocky, you sure you want to hear all this? I'll > tell you about Herb's humble beginnings next time, > if you're interested. Tell me what you know about > him. Did you know him? > Molly > > > ----Original Message----- > >From: Rocky H > >Sent: Mar 21, 2006 12:59 PM > >To: Molly O'Hanlon > >Subject: Re: Herb Abrams > >> >Molly, > >this is very interesting stuff... I am wanting to > put > >it on the website.. it's very persoanl... is it > ok > >to publish your letters as written? Even if you say > >its not to be published, I find it fascinating, and > >want to know more! I have great respect for you and > >this information... I will publish it (or not) as > you > >instruct... > >> >thanks > >> >-rocky > >> >--- Molly O'Hanlon > wrote: > >> >> > >> Hi Rocky, > >> It may take me a little while, but I will dig out > >> some pictures and stuff I have from happier times > >> with Herb. I was with him in the couple of years > >> just before and after the fated Vegas MGM show > that > >> he presented, called "Blackjack Brawl". That show > >> was his real undoing. He had such a great vision > of > >> the future of wrestling, but he was just a little > >> ahead of the times. He invested everything he had > in > >> that show, and it was a great show. But the MGM > is a > >> huge venue, and he didn't get the ticket sales he > >> needed to make his money back. Even though he > sold > >> some 3000 tickets, he needed to sell 5000 just to > >> break even. It was a classic Vegas gamble I > guess. A > >> few people lost out on that deal and Herb lost a > lot > >> of credibility. Herb wanted to bring some class > to > >> wrestling, that's why he opted for the MGM in the > >> first place. He found out, on the night of the > show, > >> that people didn't want to dress up to see > >> wrestling, like they did in the golden years of > >> boxing. I'm not sure they ever will. Herb was an > >> amazing man despite the problems he had with > >> cocaine. He wasn't a drinker though. He wanted so > >> much to be famous and I teased him that he was > more > >> likely to be infamous. I called him Herbo the > Turbo, > >> and he liked that. Herb never could play by the > >> rules. Perhaps that's why he was so well suited > for > >> professional wrestling. He was the biggest little > >> man I ever knew. That man had balls. I could tell > >> you stories... and so could a lot of other > people. > >> But don't get me wrong, Herb did burn a lot of > >> people, myself included, still I think even they > >> would tell you he was as generous as he was > >> deceitful. I'll stay in touch. When I get a > chance > >> I'll scan some pix and send them to you. > >> Molly > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> -----Original Message----- > >> >From: Rocky H > >> >Sent: Mar 21, 2006 12:52 AM > >> >To: Molly O'Hanlon > >> >Subject: Re: Herb Abrams > >> >> >> >hey, > >> >please stay in touch... and please find it in > >> your > >> >heart to add substance to Herb Abrams web > page... > >> >probably the only one on the 'net > >> >> >> >> >> >-thanks > >> >> >> >rocky :) > >> >> >> >--- Molly O'Hanlon > >> wrote: > >> >> >> >> Hi, > >> >> > >> >> Just for fun, I google searched Herb Abrams > and > >> got > >> >> your site. On the page about him, you said the > >> >> description of Herb's death was straight from > >> Mike > >> >> Foley's book. What book are you refering to? I > >> knew > >> >> Herb well and was the last person he lived > with > >> in > >> >> California before he moved back to New York, > just > >> >> weeks before I heard he died. I actually still > >> have > >> >> memorabilia of his and wondered if there was > >> anyone > >> >> related to him who might want it. > >> >> > >> >> Thanks, > >> >> Molly > >> >> > >> >> PS Yes, he was crazy and I knew all about his > >> wild > >> >> side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dead Rock Stars Michael Nesmith

Robert Michael Nesmith (December 30, 1942 – December 10, 2021) was an American musician, songwriter, actor, producer, and novelist. He was b...